We are looking for an effective Distribution Manager to manage our customs and distribution operations. You will manage all business processes and systems for overall distribution operations including inventory management and transportation to both commercial and domestic customers, ranging from small parcels to cargo.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all distribution processes are running smoothly and offering a top-quality service.
- Ensure efficient distribution, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organising, directing, and training employees and strategically manage the team in compliance with the company’s policies.
- Develop customs and distribution operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilisation, inventory management, gate in/out processes.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilisation.
- Train and manage a distribution team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals.
- Oversee daily operations of cargo shipments and small parcel deliveries
- Review and prepare workflow, delivery and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality and customer service standards are met.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing all warehousing standards and procedures whilst complying with shipment/delivery legislation & security requirements.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, and transport contractors.
- Plan work rotations, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results.
- Recruit, select, orient, train, and motivate employees.
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, “on time” delivery reports etc).
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided.
- Ensures that department milestones/goals are met whilst adhering to approved budgets.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Proven work experience as a Distribution Manager.
- Expertise in distribution management procedures and best practices.
- Utilise data-driven analytical tools and systems to monitor operations, identify efficiencies & develop optimisation strategies.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of distribution related Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Hands on experience with distribution management software and databases.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage a dedicated team.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge on customs procedures will be considered an asset.
An attractive salary package in line with qualifications and experience is being offered.
Interested candidates are to send their CV together with a motivation letter by email to the HR Team at [email protected]
The Shipping Division within Thomas Smith offers a comprehensive and award-winning approach to worldwide freight logistics and transportation. Utilising the latest technology, our sterling service is built on years of experience and on our belief in investing in our workforce, enabling us to share and continue building on the knowledge gained from our long-standing position in the industry.