Forming part of Thomas Smith Group, Thomas Smith Insurance Brokers Ltd. was set up to broaden the Group’s insurance product range, thereby offering an independent service with a broad portfolio of offerings and customer focused outcomes for clients.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who can excel in a fluid environment and who are excited about exposure to clients, excellent service and people. We need people who are able to think on their feet, have an eye for detail and offer unique perspectives for our clients. We are looking for talented individuals for the following post:
Junior Insurance Broker
The role involves providing customer support both in new business and renewals. Your responsibilities shall include day-to-day handling of client insurance programmes and the provision of the best products that suit our clients’ needs.
The chosen candidate will:-
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with clients which will include gathering of information, assessing their insurance needs and present solutions, this will apply to existing and new clients;
- Research insurance companies’ policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best terms;
- Ensure clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations;
- Renew or amending existing policies;
- Develop relationships with underwriters and other professionals;
- Be involved in administrative tasks such as paperwork, correspondence and keeping detailed records;
- Keep up with changes in the insurance market and in the clients’ industries;
- Ensure the renewal process is seamless for all customers, proactively focusing upon retention of all clients;
- Collect insurance premiums and processing accounts. Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly effective in building and maintaining trustworthy relationships
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Preferably 2 years insurance experience.
Thomas Smith Insurance Brokers ltd. is authorised to carry out business of Insurance Broking by the Malta Financial Services Authority.
Interested candidates are to send their CV together with a motivation letter by email to the HR Manager at email@example.com