Our Shipping Division offers a comprehensive and award-winning approach to worldwide freight logistics and transportation. We incorporate the latest technology whilst regularly investing in our ever-growing workforce passing down the knowledge that can only be gained from our long-standing position in the industry.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and result-oriented individual, who is excited about excellent service to join this core area of our business, to fill the full-time post of:
Projects and Business Development Manager
The selected candidate will be responsible to extensively communicate with personnel inside and outside of the organisation, ensuring a high degree of team coordination and that all shipping operations are completed as per client’s requirement. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that client’s expectations are met at all times.
- Develop freight forwarding operations systems by applying best practices to existing systems and developing a system of continuous improvement.
- Establish, implement, and monitor system to integrate freight forwarding operations with established purchase and procurement operations to minimise cost and improve efficiencies.
- Review and prepare workflow, delivery, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality, and customer service standards are met.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing all warehousing standards and procedures whilst complying with shipment/delivery legislation, and security requirements.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, and transport contractors, and manage the relationship with clients and all stakeholders.
- Strategically manage, train, and develop employees in compliance with company policies to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals.
- Produce regular reports and statistics appropriate to project performance.
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided.
- Perform risk management assessments risk mitigation to minimise project risks.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Proven work experience as a logistics manager or similar.
- Knowledge of project management principles.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Have a knowledge of principles of Risk Management.
- Utilise data-driven analytical tools and systems to monitor operations, identify efficiencies and develop optimisation strategies.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage a dedicated team.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge on customs procedures will be considered an asset.
Applicants with experience and a proven successful track record in the Freight industry will be given preference.
An attractive salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience is being offered.
Interested candidates are to send their CV together with a motivation letter by email to the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org