We are looking for an effective Warehouse & Distribution Manager to manage our warehousing and distribution operations. You will manage all business processes and systems for overall warehousing operations including inventory management, distribution and transportation to both commercial and domestic customers.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse/distribution processes are running smoothly and offering a top-quality service.
- Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organising, directing, and training warehouse employees and strategically manage the warehouse and distribution division in compliance with the company’s policies.
- Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilisation, inventory management, gate in/out processes.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilisation.
- Train and manage a warehouse/distribution team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals.
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics.
- Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, delivery and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality and customer service standards are met.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing all warehousing standards and procedures whilst complying with shipment/delivery legislation & security requirements.
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport contractors.
- Plan work rotations, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results.
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees.
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, “on time” delivery reports etc).
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided.
- Ensures that department milestones/goals are met whilst adhering to approved budgets.
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse Manager.
- Expertise in warehouse/distribution management procedures and best practices.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Hands on experience with warehouse/distribution management software and databases.
- Utilise data-driven analytical tools and systems to monitor operations, identify efficiencies & develop optimisation strategies.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage a dedicated team.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge on customs procedures will be considered an asset.
An attractive salary package in line with qualifications and experience is being offered.
Interested candidates are to send their CV together with a motivation letter by email to the HR Team at email@example.com