The Shipping Division within Thomas Smith offers a comprehensive and award winning approach to worldwide freight logistics and transportation. Utilising the latest technology, our sterling service is built on years of experience and on our belief in investing in our workforce, enabling us to share and continue building on the knowledge gained from our long standing position in the industry.
We are now seeking to continue enhancing our team in this core area of our business and are looking for a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to join us as a Shipping & Logistics Sales Executive in our Freight Services division.
Responsibilities of the Role
The selected candidate will form part of our Sales and Customer Service Team selling and promoting the Thomas Smith Freight services, whilst maintaining regular contact with customers to ensure we are meeting their shipment expectations at all times. Backed by a fully-fledged team, the individual will also proactively handle client requests including sales enquiries and preparation of quotations for both import and export bookings.
The person holding this role is expected to enhance customer relations, deliver a positive experience to all customers and work closely with our overseas agents to ensure a smooth execution of the end-to-end shipment lifecycle.
The chosen candidate will:
- Manage and drive the sales process; Execute the sales plan;
- Identify new potential customers and projects;
- Prepare and deliver quotes and agreements;
- Build long-term relationships with existing and new customers;
- Report on all actions and developments;
- Provide operational support;
- Organise and participate in client and agent meetings;
- Contribute to finding solutions for customers.
In this role we are looking for a candidate who:
- Excels in excellent client service;
- Has the ability to pre-empt problems and to find solutions whilst demonstrating a high level of integrity;
- Is self-motivated, results-oriented, and determined to reach sales goals;
- Is keen about negotiating sales deals with customers and following-up on a regular basis;
- Possesses highly effective relationship skills so as to communicate, influence and collaborate positively and sensitively with stakeholders, and building relationships based on trust;
- An entrepreneurial attitude to meet targets and objectives;
- Shows drive and initiative combined with a good level of business discipline, willing to go the extra mile to succeed;
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Able to prioritise and manage time efficiently.
Applicants with experience in the Freight service industry – as well as a good background in sales and customer service, will be given preference.
An attractive salary package in line with qualifications and experience is being offered.
Interested candidates are to send their CV together with a motivation letter by email to the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org