The Shipping Division within Thomas Smith offers a comprehensive and award winning approach to worldwide freight logistics and transportation. Utilising the latest technology, our sterling service is built on years of experience and on our belief in investing in our workforce, enabling us to share and continue building on the knowledge gained from our long standing position in the industry.
We are now seeking to continue enhancing our team in this core area of our business and are looking for a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to join us as a Shipping Clerk in our Sea Freight Sales and Customer Service division.
Responsibilities of the Role
The selected candidate will be assisting our Sales and Customer Service Team in selling and promoting the Thomas Smith full load and groupage services, whilst maintaining regular contact with customers to ensure we are meeting their shipping expectations at all times. Backed by a fully-fledged team, the individual will also proactively handle client requests including sales enquiries and preparation of quotations.
The person holding this role is expected to deliver a positive experience to all customers and work with the team to ensure a smooth execution of the end-to-end shipment life cycle.
In this role we are looking for a candidate who:
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills;
- Shows drive and initiative to preempt problems and find solutions promptly and effectively;
- Is keen about negotiating sales deals with customers and following-up on a regular basis;
- Possesses highly effective relationship skills so as to communicate, influence and collaborate positively and sensitively with clients and agents;
- Has the ability to work under pressure so as to help the team meet the tight deadlines.
Applicants with experience in the Shipping industry, as well as a good background in sales and customer service, will be given preference.
An attractive salary package in line with qualifications and experience is being offered.
Interested candidates are to send their CV together with a motivation letter by email to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org