The Shipping Division within Thomas Smith offers a comprehensive and award winning approach to worldwide freight logistics and transportation. Our sterling service is built on years of experience and on our belief in investing in our workforce, enabling us to share and continue building on the knowledge gained from our long standing position in the industry.
We are looking for energetic and self-motivated individuals to join our team as Shipping Clerks on full time and part time basis. The individuals will be working alongside other team members, reporting to the team leader and will be focusing on data inputting and other various office duties.
Responsibilities of the Role:
The Shipping Clerk is expected to work within our quality approved work systems and will primarily assume responsibility for:
- Checking and inputting data into shipping and customs systems;
- Managing and maintaining effective record keeping;
- Preparing and processing customs documentation and entries;
- Communicating with the various departments and keeping them updated with relevant information as the process progresses;
- Supporting operator at the bonded warehouses;
- Assisting with other relevant tasks as required, and providing back-up during absence of other team members.
- Fluent in English and preferably good knowledge of Maltese;
- Be computer literate and proficient in the use of Excel and Word;
- Possess a positive can-do attitude, enthusiasm and an ability to work under pressure so as to help the team meet the tight deadlines;
- Strong team player and have a willingness to learn;
- Driving Licence.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
Preference will be given to individuals with experience in a similar role.
An attractive salary package in line with qualifications and experience is being offered.
Interested candidates are to send their CV together with a motivation letter by email to the HR team at email@example.com