The Shipping Division within Thomas Smith offers a comprehensive and award winning approach to worldwide freight logistics and transportation. Utilising the latest technology, our sterling service is built on years of experience and on our belief in investing in our workforce, enabling us to share and continue building on the knowledge gained from our long standing position in the industry.
We are now seeking to continue enhancing our team in this core area of our business and are looking for a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to join us as a Sales & Customer Service Executive in our Airfreight / Courier division.
Responsibilities of the Role
The selected candidate will form part of our Sales and Customer Service Team selling and promoting the Thomas Smith airfreight and courier services, whilst maintaining regular contact with customers to ensure we are meeting their shipment expectations at all times. Backed by a fully-fledged team, the individual will also proactively handle client requests including sales enquiries and preparation of quotations for both import and export bookings.
The person holding this role is expected to enhance customer relations, deliver a positive experience to all customers and work closely with our overseas agents to ensure a smooth execution of the end-to-end shipment lifecycle.
In this role we are looking for a candidate who:
- Excels in excellent client service;
- Has the ability to pre-empt problems and to find solutions whilst demonstrating a high level of integrity;
- Is keen about negotiating sales deals with customers and following-up on a regular basis;
- Possesses highly effective relationship skills so as to communicate, influence and collaborate positively and sensitively with stakeholders;
- Shows drive and initiative combined with a good level of business discipline;
- Is very organised and able to work under pressure.
Applicants with experience in the Airfreight and/or Courier industry, as well as a good background in sales and customer service, will be given preference.
An attractive salary package in line with qualifications and experience is being offered.
Interested candidates are to send their CV together with a motivation letter by email to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org