Thomas Smith is an industry leader; striving for success from every facet of business and enthusiastic to make both its customers and its team feel fulfilled. Our sterling service is built on years of experience and on our belief in investing in our workforce, enabling us to share and continue building on the knowledge gained from our long-standing position in the industry.
The Express Services Division within Thomas Smith is looking for a dedicated and self-motivated individual to join the team as a Logistics Coordinator. The Individual will be working alongside other team members, reporting to the team leader, and will be focusing on various aspects of an express service delivery including customs clearance duties.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations including customs clearance and last mile delivery.
- Ensuring that tallying, sorting and preparation of consignments destined for delivery is consistently carried out timely, efficiently, and effectively.
- Liaising with sub-contractors, ensuring that the service provided is in line with the established service level agreements.
- Communicating with agents on shipments and consignments and respond to inquiries and concerns from customers.
- Supervising the staff and organising and monitoring work processes.
- Supporting with developing schedules, gathering resources, implementing productivity standards, resolving operations problems, maintaining reference manuals, and implementing new procedures.
- Ensuring that the assigned vehicles, stores, and equipment are kept clean, always organised and in good working condition.
- Overseeing that the team maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security at all times.
- Assisting with other tasks as required and provide backup during the absence of other team members.
- Working closely and collaboratively with all internal teams to ensure customer requirements are met and escalating to management where necessary.
- Proven experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of customs regulations and requirements.
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes.
- Computer-savvy with a proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong leadership and organisational skills to give the team direction.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Possess a positive can-do attitude and have a drive to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player and have a willingness to learn.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in business administration, supply chain management or relevant field.
- Previous experience in customs clearance and/or local distribution.
Preference will be given to individuals with a background in the Shipping industry, particularly within the Express Service business.
An attractive salary package in line with qualifications and experience is being offered.
Interested candidates are to send their CV together with a motivation letter by email to the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get ready to join a team of professionals who feel more like family rather than colleagues!