Thomas Smith is an industry leader; striving for success from every facet of business and enthusiastic to make both its customers and its team feel fulfilled. Our sterling service is built on years of experience and on our belief in investing in our workforce, enabling us to share and continue building on the knowledge gained from our long-standing position in the industry.
The Express Services Division within Thomas Smith is looking for a dedicated and self-motivated individual to join the team as a Logistics Administrator. The Individual will be working alongside other team members, reporting to the team leader, and will be focusing on various aspects of an express service delivery including customs clearance duties.
Responsibilities of the Role:
The individual is expected to work within our quality approved work systems and will primarily assume responsibility for:
- Preparing and processing documentation;
- Completing Customs entries within the Customs Electronic System (CES);
- Communicating with the various departments and keeping them updated with relevant information as the process progresses;
- Assisting with the release of shipments from customs ensuring that all customs regulations are adhered to at all times;
- Supporting with other administrative tasks as required and providing back-up during absence of other team members.
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Fluent in English and preferably good knowledge of Maltese;
- Be computer literate and proficient in the use of Excel and Word;
- Possess a positive can-do attitude, enthusiasm and an ability to work under pressure so as to help the team meet the tight deadlines;
- Strong team player and have a willingness to learn;
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
Preference will be given to individuals with a background in the Shipping industry, particularly within the Express Service business. Knowledge and experience of the Customs Electronic System (CES) will be considered an asset.
An attractive salary package in line with qualifications and experience is being offered.
Interested candidates are to send their CV together with a motivation letter by email to the HR Manager at email@example.com
Get ready to join a team of professionals who feel more like family rather than colleagues!