We are strengthening our Claims Department and are seeking to recruit a self-motivated individual to join our team as an Insurance Claims Handler/Clerk.
The person we are looking for would be keen about building a career in Insurance and considers himself/herself as an energetic, outgoing individual with a willingness to collaborate and to work within a team. If you can relate to this and possess the knowledge and skills outlined below, then this role may be of particular interest to you.
Reporting to the team leader and working alongside other team members, the individual is expected to provide a high standard of service to clients throughout their claims’ experience, and will assume responsibility for various Insurance Claim related activities as follows:
- Liaise with clients, intermediaries and suppliers;
- Handle telephone calls, data entries, process claims and issue payments;
- Analyse, investigate and adjust claims;
- Assist with other related activities.
Knowledge and skills required to perform well
- An Ordinary Level of education is mandatory, though an Advanced level would be preferred;
- IT proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Have excellent written and verbal skills so as to communicate effectively.
- Possess good listening skills and an excellent telephone manner;
- Have a talent for building rapport with the client and maintaining a trustworthy relationship;
- Be focused, precise and have a strong eye for detail;
- Be assertive and have good time management skills so as to meet tight deadlines;
- Have the ability to assume responsibility and demonstrate an eagerness to learn.
Insurance exposure at any level is preferred and looked upon as an asset. However, candidates new to such a role will also be considered as training will be provided.
An attractive salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience is being offered for the above position.
Interested candidates are to send their CV together with a motivation letter by email to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org