The Shipping Division within Thomas Smith offers a comprehensive and award winning approach to worldwide freight logistics and transportation. Utilising the latest technology, our sterling service is built on years of experience and on our belief in investing in our workforce, enabling us to share and continue building on the knowledge gained from our long standing position in the industry.
We are now seeking to continue enhancing our team in this core area of our business and are looking for a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to join us as a Freight Executive in our Courier Sales and Customer Service division.
Responsibilities of the Role
Forming an integral part of the Sales and Customer Service Team, the selected candidate will be responsible for selling and promoting the Thomas Smith courier services, working towards achieving targets set. The individual will also proactively handle client requests including sales enquiries and preparation of quotations for both import and export courier bookings. S/he is expected to partner with customers, maintaining regular contact to ensure that their shipment expectations are met at all times.
The person holding this role is expected to enhance customer relations, deliver a positive experience to all customers and work closely with our overseas agents to ensure a smooth execution of the end-to-end shipment life cycle.
In this role we are looking for a candidate who:
- Excels in excellent client service;
- Has the ability to preempt problems and to find solutions whilst demonstrating a high level of integrity;
- Is keen about negotiating sales deals with customers and following-up on a regular basis;
- Possesses highly effective relationship skills so as to communicate, influence and collaborate positively and sensitively with stakeholders;
- Shows drive and initiative combined with a good level of business discipline;
- Is very organised and able to work under pressure;
- Has the ability to assume responsibility;
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
Applicants with experience in the Courier and/or Airfreight industry, as well as a good background in sales and customer service, will be given preference.
An attractive salary package in line with qualifications and experience is being offered.
Interested candidates are to send their CV together with a motivation letter by email to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org